guage pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssiron

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2010
Sweetwater, Texas
There are three different pointer styles on the 1983 thru 1987 guages.
1. 1986 & 87 are unique.
2. 1985 the orange pointers goes thru the center (black) button.
3. Similar to the 85 except the pointer doen't go thru the center (black) button.In what years were style #3 used? I prefer the style #3.
I have a tach/clock(clock doesn't work) that's like #3, the rest of my guages are like #2. I want to replace the clock in my 85 with a tach and would like to have them all match. I'm going to replace my speedometer because its faded. The center cluster guages (style #2) are in good condition. I do have three (style #3) small guages (temp, oil pressure, & fuel - no volt), but I don't know if they're good. I haven't found any replacements with the #3 pointers. I know where a (style #2) correct speedometer and a tach without clock are and would probably be the way to go to refresh my guages. Checked to have them all restored $1000 ouch.
Frank

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
For the Gbody line Chevy used 3 different style of needles..

78/79 had this style..

p4rw.jpg

80-85 had this style..

1v5n.jpg

k3hd.jpg

86/87 Camino and 86-88 Monte used this style..

tbzr.jpg

some (I believe the Monte SS) had the rare 115mph speedo

1bua.jpg

ssiron

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2010
Sweetwater, Texas
Thanks for the information. I had a 78 and thought the dash was different from the later type. I've got a complete center cluster of the early style did notice as I was checking the oil & fuel guages have different resistors from the 1985 type. Probably use different senders. I also have a tach/clock in the early style that in good shape but the clock dosen't work. I might have it fixed if I could find parts or someone who could fix the clock.
Frank

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i have a set of the #3 laying around my house collecting dust, ya want em, ill try and post up some pics when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor