Harbor Freight Hercules Impact Driver

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Yeah, there's always the question of cost vs. quality. Poor quality will cost you, but it everyone has their own individual needs. And then there's the corollary, having the right tool for the right job can save you a ton.

That being said, I do find the cost of some pro grade tools to be absurd. Definitely out of budget for the majority of those who's livelihood don't rely on said tools.

The battery stuff is annoying. I kind of wish they had a universal battery system. I've got Rigid, Dewalt, Milwaulkee M12, Ego and SunJoe. On one hand, having a bunch of different battery platforms for different tools usually means I have a battery ready to go regardless of the tool I'm using. But on the downside, I have a shelf full of chargers. Most of it though is that at certain points when I wanted a specific tool, the platform(s) that I had didn't make said tool.

I had committed to Rigid, mainly for their lifetime battery warranty. But then wanted a cordless impact wrench. Rigid didn't make one, so I bought the Dewalt. then I wanted a cordless ratchet. Again, at the time, neither Rigid nor Dewalt made one, so it was Milwaukee M12. The SunJoe was that I wanted a hedge trimmer, which was something I only use maybe once a year so just decided to get the cheapest thing I could. Then it was a cordless blower, the Ego seemed head and shoulders above what anyone else was making, so yet another battery set.

Lately I've been thinking to get a drill/driver combo for the house so I'm not always running back and forth to the garage (a whole 60 ft from the house :ROFLMAO: ). Maybe I should get Makita now?
Kinda too late to get another brand w/battery, charger another space taker upper! The thing with Makita is that they make hundreds of items. I got the power head for the garden tools with blower, edger trimmer and pole saw. It is the two battery head and I can do all the yard work (corner lot) without having to change batteries!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor