Harro thar. ('78 Impala)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stationwagonguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
Detroit
Joined up to find some parts for my Impala, some help, and information. Apparently any GM B-body websites (at least anything with information/hits) are focused entirely towards '91-'96 cars, and while I can use a lot of suspension parts from them, much else of my car is more closely related to older G-bodies. At the moment, I'm mainly searching out a better instrument cluster for my Impala- I can't really tell, but it looks like the 442 one will work, except I want the font and 120 speedo of a Monte SS cluster, so I guess I have to buy both and swap the gauges? I don't know, I'm here to find out. I Also understand I need some wiring to make anything else work, all I have is the 85 MPH ribbon speedo and a pretty circle of idiot lights, flanking a senselessly huge gas gauge.

But yeah, I'm here. Here's a shot of my '78 Impala. Got it free, sank $2500 into it to make it roadworthy, found nobody would pay me $1500 for it, and so I'm T-56ing it and making it something I can tolerate DDing until I find a buyer. The sad truth is I'm more of a fullsize Chrysler and '70s Toyota guy, this is my first GM product I've worked on, and while it's MUCH easier to find parts and help for, I still have a '70 Chrysler 300 and '68 Town & Country I will never part with that I need to get back to fixing, and this Impala is just taking my money and time away from them. And I want another 1st gen Celica so bad it burns when I pee. It can't be chlamydia, it must be love.

Here's my Impala (if anyone here wants it, feel free to give a holler)-

3515500373_de61bcdcbf_b.jpg

3515500681_a5dfe29543_b.jpg

Here's my Chryslers that this takes all my money away from-
3275006449_c2c2811604_o.jpg

2074775179_f7e1c9e63d_o.jpg

And here's the Celica that broke my heart-
2815572198_c38da14e19_b.jpg

So, hooray!

If anybody can help me with the cluster issue, has a 153 tooth, 2-piece main SBC internal balance flywheel, or an 8.5 LSD with a 3.42-3.73ish gear ratio, give me a holler.

Welcome!

Bummer about your Celica...

I've always liked the 2-door '77-'87 Caprice/Impalas, my grandma had an '87 2-door before the '96 that I own now.

Where are you from?

Yeah, I've honestly always loved these cars too, it just came to me at the wrong time it seems. 😳

I should change that and mention it somewhere under my name, but I'm from the Detroit area. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor