Header Fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

85beast

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2010
Edison, NJ
Hey guys I need insight on what headers will fit my car.
Heres the rundown: I have an 85 grandprix with a 4 speed Saginaw trans swapped in, supposedly outta a late 70s elcamino along with the motor.
In the process of replacing the headers, bought a pair second hand and believe they're for an automatic which most gbodys came with from the factory.
Pulled off a pair of Hooker Competition headers which worked but the linkage hit the header once the clutch is applied.
Ive noticed im not the only one with a manual swap and needed someone to shed light on what headers would work, or what specific brand is sure to fit.
Looking to do longtubes only, Summt-racing gave me gave couple options but wanted to get some opinions first.
Any suggestions would be great.

85olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2013
I did my standard trany swap back in 2001 before you could buy the proper stuff... I used the bw t5 off a camaro with the hydraulic clutch and still had to cut and reroute and reweld my headers. Now I have the tko 600 in my car. I am sure some company does sell the proper stuff now..(u can buy the clutch pedal now). Keep looking and maybe some of the sponsors of this site could help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor