header question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcpets

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2008
hello everyone,
I'm new to g bodies and had a question about a header i'd like to buy. i have a 79 malibu and i'm swaping in a well done up 350 but i need headers for it so i found some but they are built for a Chevy monza, vega, or buick skyhawk. the headers are hookers and i'd like to know if these would fit into my malibu. i was thinking that due to the smaller size of a skyhawk that these should fit and as i'm on a shoe string budget for this i have no choice but to buy used. thanks

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I used to own a monza with headers and I'm pretty sure there is no chance of those fitting.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Get the Hooker Super Comp's for a G-body and thank me later

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
79loserbluebu said:
Great advice, however these are pretty expensive..In teh meantiime get the flowtech afterburner headers....You can get them at Summit for Cheap . I have them on my car and love them...Here's the link:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-49100FLT/

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
79loserbluebu said:

Thank you later?????????????
Gladd you never told me that... I'd be cussing you for years!!!!
I will NEVER buy another set of hookers for my car again.... NEVER!!!!
Had 2 sets soo far and it seems that the more money I spend on hooker headers for my cutlass, the bigger pieces of sh*t they are.
Sorry for the rant.... just speaking from my experience with them. And NEVER AGAIN!!!!

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Did you get the Super Comp's or the regular Competition headers that also fit 67-69 Camaro's, older Monte Carlo's, Nova's, and other late 60's early 70's cars? I've seen a couple sets of Super Comp headers on El Caminos and Montes around here and they fit pretty nicely. Much better than the regular Competition headers that I have. The generic ones that fit all those cars suck plain and simple. I do agree though, the Super Comps are pretty expensive.

I was going to get a set of Shoenfelds but they don't work with the AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor