Headers that fit Olds cutlass supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin80

n00b
Apr 10, 2011
I was looking for a little help on my project car.
I have a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 4 door sedan, "sleeper" my car was built in Canada and came with a 305 in staid of the Olds 307. What I have done is pulled the 305 and installed a 350. The engine is an early 80's 350 block and I had to run the exhaust manifolds that came on the 350, as the 305 did not fit, because the holes did not line up on the heads. What I would like to do is run headers, but I cannot figure out what headers will fit. I was wondering if anyone has installed a chev 350 and what headers they used. I am going to have a custom exhaust built, so there is no need to line up with stock exhaust. If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

Thanks
Colin

go to summit and look at the hooker line they got a motor swap and have a couple of options for a sbc in to a olds

What did not line up? A 350 Chevy and a 305 Chevy is exactly the same. Everything should have lined up. You might want to go back and check it again. If it still doesn't line up I've heard of an adapter plate because there was one bolt hole on the exhaust manifold that was different on certain heads.

Coolin80 said:
I was wondering if anyone has installed a chev 350

:shock: I think 90% of the people here have done that!

Any header designed to fit a SBC in a G-body car will work. There should be plenty to choose from.

DoubleV said:
Any header designed to fit a SBC in a G-body car will work. There should be plenty to choose from.

Yep, pretty much. Open up a Jeg's or Summit catalog, close your eyes and place your finger on a page. Your bound to hit a SBC header for a G-body. :lol:

keep checking craigslist lol, ask the person if they had them on a gbody or not. I got mine barely used for $20 which i thought was a pretty good deal, they fit perfectly, came off of an el camino.

Coolin80 said:
I was looking for a little help on my project car.
What I have done is pulled the 305 and installed a 350. The engine is an early 80's 350 block and I had to run the exhaust manifolds that came on the 350, as the 305 did not fit, because the holes did not line up on the heads. Thanks
Colin

Like mentioned above, they should work fine. However, if they are close but not fitting, the manifolds could have warped, especially if they have been off for a while. They make manifold spreaders just for this purpose. if they are far off, you'll have to go slow or you can crack them. This used to be a real common problem with the old Corvette type ram-horn type exhaust manifolds.

hurst1979olds said:
What did not line up? A 350 Chevy and a 305 Chevy is exactly the same. Everything should have lined up. You might want to go back and check it again. If it still doesn't line up I've heard of an adapter plate because there was one bolt hole on the exhaust manifold that was different on certain heads.

it's the last bolt hole near the fire wall that could be different, the rest line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor