Headers to fit with mechanical clutch linkage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have the 68310's on my car. I found installing them from the bottom was the way to go. I removed the z bar and oil filter and the spark plugs and it slipped right in on the driver side. No modifications needed.
The right side required removal of the spark plugs and starter. I ended up using a mini starter from a 96-97 LT1 F body. I found that you fish the header in and leave it loose. Then install the starter AND then install the header. I did not like the prospect of running the positive battery cable through the header tubes (which is where the stock cable would go). I used a longer positive cable off of a late 80's B body. I ran it around the mechanical fuel pump and along the right side oil pan rail.
The other thing I did was I had to use a different oil dipstick tube (my 78 had a pan mounted dipstick on the left side). I used a dipstick from an 80 with the tab relocated.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor