Headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokes442

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2012
What brand of headers will fit my 78 cutlass with a 406 & iron eagle angle plugs, needing part #s, I heard the hedmans fit good, there was also another brand as well but forgot the name, both were around the 175.00 mark.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Hooker likely makes a set, but be ready to open up the wallet and sell your first born..........Hookers are never cheap but almost always will fit.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Smokes442 said:
I guess its not a hot enough topic, maybe i should ask about a "cam" recommendation :rofl:
I think the problem is that they are both topics that become burnt out. It seems like this question is asked atleast once a week. These post just pretty much get ignored because of the repetativeness. It's just that a lot of people do not realize that any GBody, with a SBC in it, uses the same headers. Some want to believe that their car and engine combination are special or they are not willing to search for the answer because it is easier to make a new thread.

Not really bashing on you, just kind of answering your question about the "hot enough topic"

Are you looking for a full length or shorty header :?: I am guessing you are not interested in the ceramic coated headers, since you're looking in the $175 range :arrow: Headman and Hooker will probably be you absolute best "over-the-counter" header. You may possibly even look at a set of Schoenfeld headers. I personally have had great luck with FLOWTECH headers :mrgreen:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Everything that Ritter said is true. There needs to be a sticky or something on this stuff

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
-83MONTESS- said:
Everything that Ritter said is true. There needs to be a sticky or something on this stuff
I second the motion....

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
ditto... full agree...

make one post about it.

I skip over the same posts... People need to do a search.

84sbcregal23deg

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2011
Long island, NY
yea, i've heard good things about the schoenfeld headers. i used a patriot set on my car that fit pretty well. they are ceramic coated, but only around $325. Patriot Exhaust #737-H8047-1 from jegs. they also sell a circle track one that looks exactly like the shoenfeld, but ceramic coated for the around the same price.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
should ask. what size primary are you looking for.

I am having a hard time finding what I want. so off to custom headers I go. but the schoenfeld are supposed to be good.

Smokes442

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2012
I'm looking for 1.5/8 primary, I called shoenfeld & the shipping is 25.00 & i'm just 100 miles away :shock: , I'm worried about the main steanline hooker/hedman with the angle plug heads, most of them lift for full size cars, but will fit 78-87 monte carlo, I picked up a used set today for 20.00 bucks, don't know what there for, i had to modify 1 tube on each header for plug clearance, I'll just used them for now, heck there cheap enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor