Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
actually, at first they sent me headers for an older 72 chevelle, I actually liked the way the rh side fit, left side was never gonna fit. They sent me the correct ones in decent time.
My car is an AC car. Hopefully it fits. I like the look and fitment looks clean 👍

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I only ask that because long tubes do pose some issues when it comes to working around them,installing etc they can be unsightly as some hang down close to the ground..some people argue that shorties make less power but on a street driven car the difference is negligible.

Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
View attachment 168276 View attachment 168277 View attachment 168278
I'm not good at posting stuff with pics, the only issues I had was the starter is a pain to do, header starter get installed as a pair, notched the rh lower control arm bracket, and I used an oil pan that has a kick out at the bottom and changing the filter makes you loosen the header to get the filter out, I am thinking of using a smaller filter oir a remote filter,
I had same problems. Header and starter must be done together, oil filter impossible without removing header required installation of remote filter.

Reactions: 1 user

81malibuss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2020
If you don't want them to rust get them coated. I used Jet-Hot and they held up very well and have a lifetime guarantee, You could call them and ask them about it.

Reactions: 1 users

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I run flowtech longtubes with no issues with controls arms or stock oil pan. When I switched to a drag style oil pan I had to switch to mid 90s lt1 starter and then use a short oil filter which fixed all the issues most gbodys with longtubes have.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor