headliner trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
hey guys I am in need of the clips that hold the headliner trim in in the back of a wagon and the front piece by the windsheild. If you know of a place on line thats fine. when I pulled mine out the 30 year old plastic just crumbled :roll:

do these look like the right ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-88-Ch ... dZViewItem

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Charlie,
They look like the right ones. I may still have the part #'s on some of my old invoices, or even the original GM parts boxes.
In most cases they will break when you try to remove them. I had purchased mine from the dealer many years ago, but I suppose they're still available.
Another wagon guy a while back had given me a link to a auto trim and hardware site. They seemed to carry many of the clips that even the dealer could no longer get.
I recall that you needed to buy a box of them...a little more than needed...but still worth it.

Also, be careful removing the headliner board. They too have a tendency to crumble, and getting harder to find.

Jack

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yea thanks for the warning but I have already removed it and re covered it I just need the clips to finish up. I will post a thread on all the mods I did while I had it out. I put up 2 layers of insulation on the roof and filled all the holes for the roof rack while it was apart

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
SLICK79WGN said:
yea thanks for the warning but I have already removed it and re covered it I just need the clips to finish up. I will post a thread on all the mods I did while I had it out. I put up 2 layers of insulation on the roof and filled all the holes for the roof rack while it was apart
=================================================
In back of my mind, I kind of figured you already had the headliner down. That's also the best time to fill all the roof rack holes. I welded up the roof rack holes when my headliner was down. I didn't add insulation to mine, but that's a good idea. I did my headliner so many years ago, but it could use to be done again...not that it's hanging down, but it's sun faded...besides I'm probably going to change the interior color from red to burgundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor