Headliner!

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
Alright guys, maybe its just me, but I can't seem to find anywhere where they sell the headliner for a Wagon... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
You have to piece it back together with fiberglass cloth and polyester resin. It works really well. They don't sell a replacement for the wagons from what I understand. I rebuilt mine with fiberglass and polyester resin. My other car has an ABS headliner...

Reactions: 1 user

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
You have to piece it back together with fiberglass cloth and polyester resin. It works really well. They don't sell a replacement for the wagons from what I understand. I rebuilt mine with fiberglass and polyester resin. My other car has an ABS headliner...
That is exactly what I didn't want to hear.. lol. I figured that was it, I have looked everywhere and hadn't been able to find anything. I have never really done upholstery per se, but I think I should be ok. I will have to piece all this together and do what you did. Thank you Sir.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
That is exactly what I didn't want to hear.
Repairing the headliner is almost trivial. Use a sanding block and remove all of the old headliner. On that side you sanded, use a good tape to piece the puzzle back together. Put the taped headliner backing on a cement floor and then apply the cloth and polyester on the smooth backside. If you're not comfortable upholstering over the tape on the inside, then peel it off before you liberally apply 3M headliner adhesive to both the headliner cloth (supplier shown below in pic) and headliner itself. Let it get tacky before you press it down with a clean paint roller. Keep going over it with that clean paint roller for 20 minutes all over, making sure it's not lifting anywhere, and you're done. It's going to look so good you're going to be amazed.

received_1065977764400954.jpeg
20231110_112141.jpg
20240307_104004.jpg
received_1082502502693987.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor