Heard it through the grape vine in Pittsburgh

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
So went to the parts store about a week ago talking to one guy that works there also a gbody owner about a flat black Grand Prix been seeing around sounds pretty healthy, aswe were talking he was telling me theres a group of gbodys over towards the north side of Pittsburgh kinda like a club ,don't know if this is for sure figured this be a appropriate place to ask

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Back when I was living/growing uo on the North Side there was tons of love for our cars. My buddy I ran with & I did work on a few for some of the guys cause they knew I had my '81 Monte & he had a few over the years (my brothers' '81, a '80 Elky, a '84 GP, '86 MC LS, & his mom's '81 Regal). We became pros swapping out dead transmission's in these cars. Seemed like everyone we knew had one, a relative had one or was looking for one. I bet there's more on the North Side but depending where you go you better have some good street smarts cause if some of they guys are like the ones I knew they were serious players but not in the G body world.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Back when I was living/growing uo on the North Side there was tons of love for our cars. My buddy I ran with & I did work on a few for some of the guys cause they knew I had my '81 Monte & he had a few over the years (my brothers' '81, a '80 Elky, a '84 GP, '86 MC LS, & his mom's '81 Regal). We became pros swapping out dead transmission's in these cars. Seemed like everyone we knew had one, a relative had one or was looking for one. I bet there's more on the North Side but depending where you go you better have some good street smarts cause if some of they guys are like the ones I knew they were serious players but not in the G body world.
I work for the city of Pittsburgh I get to see alot ,it's ashame the amount of gbody sitting all over in Homewood Lairmer east hills it's crazy probably 50+ ,but just caught wind of this wish I was 16 in the early 90s heard it was wild how everyone raced them around here

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
Don't see many in the South suburbs.
A few El Caminos are visible from time to time and some GN's appear at local cruises, but Montes, GP's, Regals, Cutlasses and Malibus are kinda scarce on this side of town.
Of course, I might not be hanging out in the right places. Most of the guys I know are more into 60's and early 70's muscle cars from their youth.

Bill

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Don't see many in the South suburbs.
A few El Caminos are visible from time to time and some GN's appear at local cruises, but Montes, GP's, Regals, Cutlasses and Malibus are kinda scarce on this side of town.
Of course, I might not be hanging out in the right places. Most of the guys I know are more into 60's and early 70's muscle cars from their youth.

Bill
Pittsburgh has no shortage of gbodys at all just maybe if they could come out more often lol

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have a feeling he is talking about one guy, there is a local guy that has a ton of regal/gn's and a few other g bodies

Reactions: 1 user

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I have a feeling he is talking about one guy, there is a local guy that has a ton of regal/gn's and a few other g bodies
Theres actually afew guys like that bunch of GN s and parts just really expensive I was just saying in general they are everywhere mostly montes tho

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor