Heater/AC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapPartier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2012
Atlanta, GA
bill said:
Very carefully!....the covers snap in, so it takes gentle help with a butter knife to get the covers off. Id start with the radio, then work up to the ac/heater control. I would suspect the blower switch is shot...but before you go this route, check the relay under the hood for the blower...make sure its not the problem before you take apart the dash.

Let me ask.. I see how it looks. But if you take a wire, and run it from the power part of the blower to the positive post of the battery, the blower suppose to turn on. Well it doesnt, so what does that sound like?

KapPartier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Hey as I was checking my relay, I was in the process of pulling the wires from the relay. Then I seen a spark on the blower. So I played with the wires, and the spark came from the ground wire. I played with the ground wire a little and the blower temporarily came on. So I just screwed the ground into a different screw and it came on. Now I have heat and some what ac... Lol thanks everybody for the help.! :mrgreen:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
KapPartier said:
Hey as I was checking my relay, I was in the process of pulling the wires from the relay. Then I seen a spark on the blower. So I played with the wires, and the spark came from the ground wire. I played with the ground wire a little and the blower temporarily came on. So I just screwed the ground into a different screw and it came on. Now I have heat and some what ac... Lol thanks everybody for the help.! :mrgreen:
:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor