Heater box removal HELP?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
Wouldnt plugging the engine holes affect the flow and cooling in the engine?

Picture211-1.jpg

they are just pipe fittings, they do not go in all the way. [/img]

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Could've sworn I saw pictures of your Regal and it had a non a/c box in it...but either way, you'll have to remove the lower windshield trim and brackets.
Since it is an a/c car, like they all said, don't bother touching the dash. Leaving the ducts in there won't hurt anything. I was thinking you wanted everything out... I took everything out cause the a/c stuff I removed is totally different from the non a/c stuff I put in. Just get the box loose and rip the thing out.
True, you don't have to take the wipers off, but it's so easy, and it just makes removing the trim easier. I just did this last week, I wish I had taken some pictures for you...oh well.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
It does not look like it has a/c. Does it have aluminum/rubber lines running from a compressor on the engine to the heater box? Does the hvac controls say it has a/c. If that is a non a/c heater box, people will pay good money for them, so DONT BREAK IT!! :D

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
dan2286 said:
It does not look like it has a/c. Does it have aluminum/rubber lines running from a compressor on the engine to the heater box? Does the hvac controls say it has a/c. If that is a non a/c heater box, people will pay good money for them, so DONT BREAK IT!! :D

no idea, i will have to look, its already broken.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Ha, I knew I was right!
That is most certainly a non a/c heater box.
It is a definite possiblity that being a non a/c car, somebody down the line put an aftermarket a/c unit on it.
I know you said that the box was cracked up, but the rest of the pieces are definatley valuable, hard to find parts to those who are looking for them.
Things like the vent controls under the steering column, heater and blower controls, air ducts, and glove box liner, are all non a/c specific. I'm not sure what the non air Regal dash looks like, but there are fewer vent outlets on the dash of all the other non a/c cars, so the vent block offs are highly coveted as well...
I just paid some pretty good dough for a complete non a/c set up for my Cutlass wagon...don't let something slip through your fingers that could help fund some other parts of your Buick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor