Hello from Iowa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsup

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2007
Iowa
New to this site...wish I would have found it earlier. I have an 84 g-body project about to be finished for its test drive...CANT WAIT. Its a 1984 Grand National...I purchased it as a roller no interior. Since then I have installed a 406 sbc that should put down around 450-500 rwhp. It has a built turbo 350 with a TSI 3800 converter, the stock GN rear was updated to a EZ locker rear with new 4:10 gears. I hoping for some 11 second runs.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome!! Sounds like a nice ride. Do you have any pictures?Which part of Iowa you from? I live on the border of Iowa and Illinois.

whatsup

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2007
Iowa
Hi guys...Im right between both of you...Des Moines. Lived in the Big "O" through most of the 90's...lived in Millard. No pics as of yet. Ill try to get some up.

Nightmare388 - what times you run with your car? Sounds pretty close to mine. The 406 has RHS 220 runner heads, 64cc chambers. Running a solid cam 248/252 dur @ .50, lift .575/.575, victor jr ported to match, 800 holley dp, hot ignition, flatops (right around 10.5 to 1). Drivetrane mentioned in first post. Probably has spray in the future (had it on all my other cars). I have corvette ralley wheels on it 15x7 front and 15x8 back. Probably going to go with MT streets for the rubber. We will get to the track this spring a few times for sure but mostly putting it together for some street fun...have some fast ones here in DSM.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Welcome! Sounds like you have a nice set up. I'm a big fan of GN's, looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
whatsup said:
Hi guys...Im right between both of you...Des Moines. Lived in the Big "O" through most of the 90's...lived in Millard. No pics as of yet. Ill try to get some up.

Nightmare388 - what times you run with your car? Sounds pretty close to mine. The 406 has RHS 220 runner heads, 64cc chambers. Running a solid cam 248/252 dur @ .50, lift .575/.575, victor jr ported to match, 800 holley dp, hot ignition, flatops (right around 10.5 to 1). Drivetrane mentioned in first post. Probably has spray in the future (had it on all my other cars). I have corvette ralley wheels on it 15x7 front and 15x8 back. Probably going to go with MT streets for the rubber. We will get to the track this spring a few times for sure but mostly putting it together for some street fun...have some fast ones here in DSM.

Haven't run her yet. Still working on the wiring and interior and a few other things. I hope to have it on the road this spring. If I hook up she should run mid 11's like 11.60's That is what my prostreet S-10 ran and I have a similar motor in this car except I have better heads now and more compression. The truck had 9to1 and my car is 10.75 to1 my truck had Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and my car has Dart Pro1 heads with bigger valves and better flow.The truck weight was 2910lbs without my fat butt in it. I hope to get the Monte close to that weight also.
2487012_48_full.jpg

wolfs1959

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2007
Kansas city MO
!!!!WERE'S THE PICTURES :p !!!!

what size tires on the rear and backspacing on the rims. also did you narow the 8.5...? Oh on the same note do you hapen to know is the 8.5 the same width as the 7.5?

I'm looking into rims and tires right now. my car may not run but I really cant stand the rims that are on my car its driving me nuts. I'm normaly not that opinionated on asthetics but I hold a huge gruge against these rims. I'm leaning towards torque thrust D's.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor