Hello (G-body forum) World!

Nov 6, 2023
Hello fellow G-body lovers:

I've been getting the itch to start my first G-Body project lately and finally pulled the trigger.
1981 Malibu classic. She's a 6 right now, but she runs and has a complete interior. Paid $2k cash for her.

My goal is to build a (seasonal) daily driver. She will be mainly seeing highway miles as I go golfing around Utah and maybe some road trips to the west coast.
Of course, I'm doing an LS swap. Ideally LQ4, 4L80E, cams, springs, long tube headers, EFI(flex fuel), blah blah blah...

I did a lot of research but I'm still trying to figure out certain options with the build. I'm on a budget and plan on doing a lot of the engine and chassis work myself(minus boxing the frame).

I would love to hear from people who know more about what Im doing than me and appreciate all ideas, insights, and opinions(even the sarcastic ones 😜)
418800-1691853042-467352.jpg
418800-1691853053-749332.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Hey buddy, welcome to the forum! I always kind of wanted a wagon as a highway cruiser, and it looks like you got yourself a good one to start with. If things go poorly, I see a coffin to crawl into. Be sure to pick up a rear visor so that wagon looks legit. Unless it sold I know of at least one member selling one on eBay.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
4L80E I have one, right now assigned, but who knows... Things change all the time. I can get them usually for $150 as a core. I also try to pick up any BOP I can. I usually have TH350 and TH400 sitting around as well.

Reactions: 2 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Love the wagon. When I got back from Afghanistan I picked up an 86 Parisian, nice, nice interior, spent most it's life parked outside in the Indianapolis flight path. So it had the same roof vibe going on that yours has.

1986 paint doesn't like jets dumping their fuel on it. Hated selling it, darn near impossible finding another one.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Looks like a good solid project. There's a bunch of us wagon guys on the forum if you need any questions answered.
As for a complete LS drivetrain for your wagon, maybe consider a rolling wreck as a donor. :unsure:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor