hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu80

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2008
Seattle washington
Hello, I'm a big fan of the 78-83 Malibu 4 doors. Yes... the 4 dr variety. It's the perfect family car with a twist. I recently picked up a 80 Malibu ex-police car. Being a police car it is equipped with a 305 4bbl, special police suspension (corners great), heavier gauge frame, posi, heavy duty cooling, a 63Amp alternator, and a skid plate covering the oil pan right back to the transmission. The car is also well equipped. It has the buckets, gauge package (speedo 2mph increments ), A/C, power trunk release with light, tilt wheel and rear defroster. The car runs great and the body is good for its age. The only real area of concern is the interior :( .The plastic interior pieces are dryed out and chaulky. The headliner is falling. Dash pad is cracked. Hopefully, other members can help with some interior pieces.

Al

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I like "more doors" as well. I don't know how I ended up with so many two door cars now, when I started this craziness they were all 4 doors for many, many years!

Have fun!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
the interior plastics sound just like mine.... :( oh well welcome to the site! lets so some pics of this police edition!

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor