HELP! Bucket Seat Assistance Needed-Can you recognize this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You might be able to replicate the shape with a stackup of a flat nylon washer and a cylindrical bushing (might even be able to glue them together). My local hardware store as the wall-o-bins with these kinds of fiddly bits.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I have read somewhere (may have been on this site) that NAPA Tailgate/Liftgate Striker Bolt Bushing Kit (part #675-5144) has bushings that will work. I've got a kit but have not used it yet. Hope this helps!

The Ford tailgate bushing is used on the backstop....

Attachments

• 100_1320.jpg
    100_1320.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 160

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009

Mrockatansky

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2016
Toronto
Thanks all for the wealth of information in your responses.

Unfortunately the F body ones I ordered were too big. I managed to find the part number Jeff (Clean8485) provided on some obscure website and have ordered those to see if they are the right ones.

Also, went over the part with a micrometer and wrote all the info down to start making a 3D model with. I may actually try to 3D print some in Nylon anyways in case any one else on the forum finds themselves in the same boat as me. Would be nice to be able to bring back to life a long discontinued GM part.

Will update you all once my package arrives and/or when I do a 3D print run in the near future.

Reactions: 1 user

Mrockatansky

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2016
Toronto
Closing up my pleas for help, the 3D printer route got to be too expensive and too much of a headache to see through to the end.

Ended up following 84_SS' advice and went super LOW TECH. Got a machine shop to make me the bushings I needed. Thank you very much for the advice.

Here is the result:

Reactions: 1 users

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
Closing up my pleas for help, the 3D printer route got to be too expensive and too much of a headache to see through to the end.

Ended up following 84_SS' advice and went super LOW TECH. Got a machine shop to make me the bushings I needed. Thank you very much for the advice.

Here is the result:

;) As an ex machinist I try to make everything I can lol

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor