Help !! Fuel pump & fuel line 87 regal pumptocarb

87gbodydanny

Apprentice
Apr 1, 2023
Las Vegas
I need help guys . So I bought new mechanical
Fuel pump but where the fuel line goes it doesn’t have that little insert and the oem one does ? Did I get the right fuel pump ? Or do I need to just make a whole new line ? Also wanted to make new fuel line (braided )from pump to carb

Attachments

• IMG_3380.jpeg
    IMG_3380.jpeg
    890.6 KB · Views: 58

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You should make a steel line from pump to carb. JMO. Flexible lines between pump and carb are a leak waiting to happen which could ruin your day. I know people do it all day long without issue, but I also know people that watched the fire department hose down their flaming car because of it as well. Quality braided fuel lines are better than regular rubber ones, but I'm still not a fan.

I've honestly haven't used an aftermarket fuel pump in over 30 years. And the majority of my experience has been with Oldsmobile V8 pumps, so I'm pretty useless here. But it appears there is a seating ring missing as you point out. Did you buy it locally? If so, go back and see if they have another one you can look at and see if it has a seat ring or not. That doesn't look right to me. It appears it isn't flat across where the line attaches and seals and dips in a little. The flare nut doesn't seal anything, the line flare should, as you can see the "ring" that the piping left on the OEM pump seat ring. Does your pump have a separate fitting on it that fits in there? Usually it's a double flare fitting for the fuel line, but I'd have to examine them closer to tell. It looks like the new pump is different somehow.

I know this is probably a different pump than yours, but you can see the flare insert inside the fitting. That's usually pretty standard for outlet mechanical fuel pump and most OEM fuel filter fittings. If'n it were me, I'd take that pump back to where I bought it and start asking questions. Or look inside the box to see if there is any loose seat rings in there.

1688127374240.png

Reactions: 1 user

87gbodydanny

Apprentice
Apr 1, 2023
Las Vegas
I got the aftermarket pump from Napa and no it didn’t come with no fitting . I found one on autozone with flare insert like the oem i might have to go get that one inside

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor