Help me identify this air cleaner?

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
This air cleaner came with my Buick 350 motor. Without checking, I assumed it was correct, cleaned it up & painted it. Turns out it's not right - the snorkel is facing the wrong direction & the pre-heater inlet is 1-1/2" diameter instead of 'Buick-size' 2 inches. So, I can't use it. I'll sell it, but I'd like to figure out what it's for. The sticker is below & "KD" is the code for it, but I can't find any reference to that code online. I assume it's early to mid 80's, probably Chevy fits a Quadrajet, & might even be correct for certain G-bodies. Can anybody help me figure out what it's for?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That listed AC filter was used on '77 to '87 Buicks on a quick search. But a direct one found that filter used on a '81 LeSabre with a 4.1L V6 w/ 4bbl.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
I found that air cleaner on a whole bunch of cars. I think GM used the "Keep your GM car all GM" labels until 1982/1983, then switched to the smaller sticker like mine, so that makes me think it's no older than '83. I also think they switched to black labels a few years later, but I'm less sure of that. Apparently the assembly manuals for each model list the correct 2-letter code for each car, but I don't think there's a master list of codes available.

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
I have two (2) air cleaner housings that came from late seventies Buick 350 engines. They have a "true" snorkel, not the deal that attachs to a flexible hose.

Attachments

• 100_6758.JPG
    100_6758.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_6759.JPG
    100_6759.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 46

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor