help me out pls.. flasher problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisso1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2009
long time reader first time poster
left or right turn signals dont blink they just stay solid and. I currently dont have a flasher but the fl577 does not fit it just falls back out. what could be wrong? 1987 cutlass supreme

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
The problem is that you need the flasher. But I don't why yours keeps falling out. You sure you have the right one?

harrisso1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2009
the part number is fl577 this is the one that keeps falling out does anyone have more info different part number, 2 prong or 3 prong? thanks

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I have only seen 2 prong, go to the parts store and have them look up the right part number.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Somebody probably forced the flasher in at one point and damaged the contacts in the fuse box assembly, which would cause the flasher to not fit securely in place and fall out.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
For some reason i'm thinking the flasher part number should be a 552 or 522, something like that.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Maybe try bending the prongsa bit and see if it stays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor