HELP My Chevy Beat My Uncles Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBCMALIBUMAN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
Hey everyone, Don't you hate people that brag? Well thats what I need help with. The two contenders are a 1989 Ford Mustang about 450 HP with a 250 shot of nitrous he runs around 12.50's in mile high Colorado. Now my car 1981 Chevy Malibu 350 around 350 HP with a 150 shot, but I havent run it yet. I'm pretty sure the endless amount of money that has been thrwon at that mustang will help him pull away. Im on a $2500 budget $500 for the Malibu $800 in the 350, so with the remaining $1200 how can I get better traction more HP and a all around faster car. Any advice tips anything please elaborate. The guy with the Chevy and a budget needs to win LOL.
Thanks for reading my posting!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
stiffer rear arms, drag radials, good shocks, posi, adjusting the pinion angle, sugar in his gas tank, C4...LOLOL

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
A better rear axle than the POS 7.5 you have plus slicks and some cheap lower control arms or boxing the stockers and adding poly bushings will help. Then again, he has more power, a sorted car, and lower weight. It would require you to bend the laws of physics to actually make this work simply with what you have.

Just remember: There will always be someone faster, with a bigger mouth and a worse attitude. Finding satisfaction in life and with your car requires you to be happy with where you are and to put things in proper perspective. He is faster because he is older and probably has more money. He's had more time to get his car set up right. Given time, you can beat him once you have more money and some time to science out your car. I come across people who are faster than me all the time. I also come across slower people too. I have learned not to brag about what my car can do because it sucks when you loose and have to eat your words. If I win, I win, if I loose, I loose. As long as I am having fun it matters little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor