Help Needed: 87 Cutlass supreme (newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Huroncountycutty said:
I can't think of anything else that would lower a whole side, maybe if it was just the drivers front it could be a ball joint or something, but if you say the frame is straight then must be shocks? Unless your drivers side body mounts are super rotton?

I agree, if it was front or back I'd say shocks / coils, but unless the person was obese / over-weight & never carried anyone on the passenger side I'd check body mounts and other suspension components first. Why replace shocks & coils if the ball joints, bushings & mounts are wiped out?

Good luck and welcome.

DirtyO'LgrannyGbod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2013
hey guys thanks for all youre help...so ive checked out the body mounts frame ball joints bushing and etc..since i was able to use my buddys hoist...turns out its the driver side shock..its blown..so im in the midst of replaceing that and might go ahead with a mild drop..umi has a nicer stage one kit i think would suit it for a daily driver, if anyone is running this kit could you please post pics to show me reference pls and thanks 8) ....also goin to be running 15x7/15x8 on this car with a slightly biggre rear fat tire..

oh and btw will be starting minor cosmetic work..does anyone know the paint code for this car? or where i can locate it..
help a newb out..fresh detailed picture :)
thanks for all the help guys its greatly appreciated. (cheers) all :D

sory for the oversize pics :s
ef2e13acc7_zps5b637f56.jpg

5f9fe1dcd4_zps8b7b1bde.jpeg

Wild Card

Apprentice
Jan 5, 2013
car looks verry clean. i had a 87 supreme brougham 2 years ago. it was dark blue fade to light blue. super clean on the inside to. now im building a weekend runner out of a 83 supreme brougham. it was rough when i got it but ran like a new car. its tan right now but im in the sanding proses. its going to be dark blue metalic with a flat black roof and have crager SS mags all the way around.

Attachments

• new rims.JPG
    new rims.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • in primer 1.JPG
    in primer 1.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,052

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
If it's all stock the paint code will be in the trunk on a sticker on the underside of the trunk lid. Good luck decipering it, I went to a few websites to figure out the paint code on mine and then went to a body shop and they took a pic of it with their fancy camera which told them the paint code. Also keep in mind that is lacquer (outdated for the most part), all of the new or current paints are base coat clear coat or water based. Great looking car by the way, good luck with the build.

DirtyO'LgrannyGbod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2013
thanks wild card youre cuttys look pretty sweet aswell :)

rccktmn2 said:
If it's all stock the paint code will be in the trunk on a sticker on the underside of the trunk lid. Good luck decipering it, I went to a few websites to figure out the paint code on mine and then went to a body shop and they took a pic of it with their fancy camera which told them the paint code. Also keep in mind that is lacquer (outdated for the most part), all of the new or current paints are base coat clear coat or water based. Great looking car by the way, good luck with the build.

thanks rocktmn2 ...ye shes all original paint so i did see the original sticker under the trunk lid with all the codes..incase anyone wondering their also a metal plate on under the hood on drivers side in the cowel should say the code and or gm paint chip number..i really wanted to keep this car all original as far as cosmetic looks..so i just decided to buff the paint out nice and leave it alone..not goin to wory about respray..the only thing i have planed so far is exhaust and new rims for the summer..im still toying with the idea of lowering the car with the eibach springs ...

and if anyones wondering what the paint code is ..its 8574 GM i beleive GM color chip 25
better pic of if buffed out so you can see actual color
(BEFORE) pic is posted on page one
(AFTER PIC BELOW ) 8)
clear_zps61c82d02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor