HELP - UMI Big Brake Kit w/ Wilwood Hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to report it was the grease seal. I took the seal out and put the hub back on. I tightened it down the same and it spun like it was on butter. Glad it was that easy. Here's something else I ran across.

The bearing nut washer was the same size as the screw on hub cover. It wouldn't fit.
View attachment 75984
I found a bearing nut kit at Napa that had a smaller washer. Here's the kit with part number, in case anyone else has this issue.
View attachment 75985
The washer was already on by the time I decided to take the pic :doh:

Hutch
glad you figured it out,that and it was an easy fix.gotta love easy simple ones.i had the same problem , the washer was way too snug.i to went to napa and one from a big block fairlane fit well.

glad you figured it out,that and it was an easy fix.gotta love easy simple ones.i had the same problem , the washer was way too snug.i to went to napa and one from a big block fairlane fit well.

Thanks. i don't even know what kit mine is for. The guy behind the counter was really cool. He had a digital mic and measured the ID and OD of the washer I had and went through what he had until he found one that fit.

I have always found Napa to have car guys that "Know" what they're looking at and not just punching Make, Model, and Engine into a computer.

I love to see the faces of some of the employees of the "Big Box" auto chains when I ask for an Axle seal for a big bearing Ford 9" rear.

"What vehicle is it in?"

A 1987 Olds 442 with a 7.6L

"???????" :rofl:

Hutch

that's awesome,it seems like parts guys with a brain are becoming extinct.like asking if the vehicle is two or four wheel drive when looking for wipers..

that's awesome,it seems like parts guys with a brain are becoming extinct.like asking if the vehicle is two or four wheel drive when looking for wipers..

Haha! Now you know the 4WD has special wipers because it needs to clean mud better than 2WD 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor