Help wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
Can anyone show me in non technical schematic form how I should wire the 8-pin DPDT relay. I have all the pieces to do this but the schematic leaves much to the imagination. http://autospeed.com/cms/A_107975/article.html
I just need to know where everything plugs in on my relay.

They didnt dumb it up enough for me.
would really appreciate the help!

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
For one, that diagram kinda sucks.

The vertical, heavy black bar at the top of the DPDT relay is supposed to be the coil.
The arrows in the DPDT relay are supposed to be the moveable contacts.
The vertical series of 4 black dots are the connections that the moveable contacts switch between.

I have taken that image and marked it up.
There will be 8 pins.
2 pins for the coil (#1 and #2 in my image)
1 pin for each moveable contact (2 total) (#3 and #4 in my image)
2 pins for each moveable contact to switch between (4 total) (#5-#8, notice that #6 is not used)

The only thing that is missing is what terminals to connect the wires to on YOUR relay.

There should be a diagram moulded into the side of the relay to show which numbered terminals are connected to the coil, the moveable contacts and the rest. If not, there is no possible way to know what connects to what. In that case, the cap of the relay should come off so you can physically see what is connected to what, and go from there.
gafniaaca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor