help with idiot lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
ok so i dropped in my oldsmobile 307 in my 1983 regal and i put my oil,temp, and volt gauges in they work fine my question is how do you disconect the idiot lights including the check engine i dont need them any more. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chevyGuy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2011
Long Island
the easiest way id say to do so(also did this in my monte, not sure how your dash cluster is set up...) i i just took my dash apart and took out the lights that lit up that i didnt want too.

chevyGuy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2011
Long Island
in my car all i had to do was remove the front cover of the driverside dash, which is like 6 or 8 screws, and just simply pull the bulb. good luck though

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
On a Regal you shouldn't have to remove the cluster. If you remove the plastic bezel (trim piece) that should give you the access to the idiot light strip. There is just 1 screw at the top of a small metal frame that holds the tinted cover over the lights. After that thin metal frame and tinted cover is removed the bulbs can be removed from there :idea:

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
hey ritter thanks if you could please post a pic or send me a link on a step by step because i dont wanna break the metal frame or the tinted glass. the car when finished is going in a local car show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
two90west said:
ok so i dropped in my oldsmobile 307 in my 1983 regal and i put my oil,temp, and volt gauges in they work fine my question is how do you disconect the idiot lights including the check engine i dont need them any more. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you still running the PCM?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
two90west said:
hey ritter thanks if you could please post a pic or send me a link on a step by step because i dont wanna break the metal frame or the tinted glass. the car when finished is going in a local car show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this process. I have customized my dash and it no longer has the original section above the steering column. And I have already sold off that section from my dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor