help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j17_mia

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2009
What is the firing order on the distributor cap of a 1984 cutlass supreme v6? i took the cap off and now im stuck!!

markcp

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2007
What is the firing order for a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme V6?
In: Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme [Edit categories] [Edit]

[Edit]

Answer
1-6-5-4-3-2 and the dist turns clockwise

google is wonderful

j17_mia

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2009
this still doesnt help me.. i took the distributor cap off and the plug wires off them too.. on the distributor cap idk the firing order! i need a picture or sumthing

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Did you take the distributor out? If not leave the cap off. have a helper with you and bump the engine a little bit at a time. Put your finger over the number 1 piston hole and wait for the pressure to gush out. Bump a little more until the piston is all the way to the top or close to it. If you go too far you will have to start over. Make sure it is a compression stroke.

Reference where the rotor is and compare it to the cap. That is your number one plug, go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor