Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
I need to know how to install the 78-80 trunk lock cover on my car....... does it attach with rivets? and how do you get the bottom one on?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Could you post a pic so we know what your talking about?

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Pics of cover

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

It will not swing the opposite way. You cannot take it apart and put back together on car. It's crazy.

Been awhile since I put one on, but doesn't the door pull out over the stop and rotate down to reveal the rivet? How did you get it off?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Those do not rotate down any further past the stop. You need to rivet it from the inside of the trunklid, not easy but can be done.

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
81Regal said:
Those do not rotate down any further past the stop. You need to rivet it from the inside of the trunklid, not easy but can be done.

Nope can not do from bottom. It swings the opposite way. I did manage to figure it out. You have to take it apart and reassemble in the open position. Then put on car and close it.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I didn't say from the bottom, look inside the trunklid you will see 3 bolts to remove the trunk catch. Remove that then you can get in there to rivet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor