HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Guys, I never did figure the issue out and I checked all suggestions so I pulled the engine and replaced a piston and reringed the first 350 that I dropped in. I have been researching cam options with using a TBI head. I know options are limited especially with the heads being stock but I ended up going with a Howards cam and lifters kit. My buddy wanted a lopey idle so I think I gave him a middle of the road cam that has a good idle. The stall should be in on Tuesday for it and I should have it all back together in a week and a half or so. I'll post up a vid or 2 when its done.

Thanks again for the help.

Mar 20, 2014
I have a 1984 hurst olds with the 307 h/o and when I turn the key the dash lights up but starter never comes on. I put my test light on the small wire from the starter and it lights up when I turn the key all the way to start. im thinking its a simple wireing issue if you could please help me out I would be grateful.

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
Check fuel filter and tank for vaper lock

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Garner19827 said:
I have a 1984 hurst olds with the 307 h/o and when I turn the key the dash lights up but starter never comes on. I put my test light on the small wire from the starter and it lights up when I turn the key all the way to start. im thinking its a simple wireing issue if you could please help me out I would be grateful.

So have you tested your starter ? Maybe a neutral safety switch

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
Garner19827 said:
Deffinately a starter issue. The small wire is the one that tells the starter to engage, if it is getting hot when you turn the key replace starter selonoid and or starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor