HEY MRAPII

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
cant help but to draw my eyes to the"purge plumes" on all your posts so let me ask a few Q's......how much are u spraying , when do u engage it (right out of the hole,wait for second gear,third?) how do u manage your timming....keep it retarded when nos in use...or..do u use a msd (or other) that only backs it off when u hit the button.....also,your opinion on converters, do u use an anti-balooning plate, and how much time did u knock off your e.t. verses not using spray

I myself am on the fence about spraying my car. not afraid or anything, its just that i feel its deceptive that the kit is about $400 then fuel system upgrades, potentially a new converter, then the whole timming thing......by the time im done my $400 nos upgrade turns into $1000 or more
:x
I have associates who spray 3 seconds off their e.t. all the time and tell me im overthinking it....but i think theres thing they're not telling me.........................what do u think?

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Sure Steve, be happy to give you some details. The "system" is completely custom made from nitrous stuff that were left over from previous projects. It is a single stage plate system with 140hp shot pills. I use a Jacob's MasterMind for control and safety. The MasterMind can control the maximum amount of nitrous delivery, at the rpm NOS delivery starts (and stops), and the rate of delivery. It also controls the retard function of the ignition timing, up to 15 degrees retard and has a rev limiter. There is also a fuel pressure safety switch that would shut off fuel delivery if the fuel pressure drops below 4 1/2 psi. I also use a WOT switch that doesn't allow activation until the throttle is within 15 degrees of being wide open. Yes, due to previous experience I am very safety concious. The rest of the system includes custom wiring and switches, AN braided hose including the fuel system and a remote bottle opener. My engine is a mild 350cid, the trans is a TH350 with a B&M converter (no anti-balloon plate) and a 8.5" rear axle. Unfortunately here on Oahu we don't have a drag strip so the car hasn't been down the 1/4 mile but I am pretty sure that it could knock at least 2 seconds off the elapsed time. The LED lighted twin purge is just an affectation for Cruise Nite fun but I just love to rumble up to some tricked-out Shoyu-Burner and show them the purge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor