HID Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrow215

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2009
Burke, NY
What exactly do I need to convert the headlights on my '85 SS to HID? If you've got part numbers too that would be awesome...thanks guys!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you need head light that take a seperate bulb (like an H4 or 9004) and they need to be made of good materials. the HID system will produce a lot of spot heat and can melt cheap plastic. you also need (obviously) a complete HID system, DO NOT CHEAP OUT!!! there really is a huge difference between the chinese sh*t and the german parts. i recommend staying in the yellow to low blues as they give the best light quality. the high blues and purples look cool but don't work as well.
the systems are usually single bulb so if you want low and high beams you need 2 kits.

Garrow215

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2009
Burke, NY
Cool, where do I find the kits? and by 9004 what brand is that? like a Sylvania? or is that the p/n of the bulb?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it's the bulb model. H4 and 9004 are the most common. i was just using it as an example to differentiate from the sealed lights that used to be on cars. (and what the g-bodies have)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor