Hit a Deer on the way home last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
I was on my way home from work last night, and I ended up smacking a large doe with my daily driver. At least the radiator didn't get popped, and the air bags didn't go off. I hit it in the left corner of the car at about 65 mph. the deer actually flew over the top of the car, and ended up in the median. The Deputy asked if I wanted to keep the deer but I declined. I was able to drive it home, but now I have to deal with the insurance company, oh joy.

Attachments

• DSCN0411.JPG
    DSCN0411.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCN0412.JPG
    DSCN0412.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCN0413.JPG
    DSCN0413.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCN0414.JPG
    DSCN0414.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCN0415.JPG
    DSCN0415.JPG
    343.7 KB · Views: 456

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
That sucks anytime dealing with insurance is a pain in the *ss. But atleast it didnt empty its bowels all over the side of your car. I used to work at a wrecking yard man I have seen some nasty stuff deer related if you catch my drift.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
The only thing that got hurt was the car, thank goodness. Now I have to wait until the sheriff's office gets the accident report done. He said should be the middle of this coming week. I got a good look of the damage in the day light today. The radiator, fan, and condensor didn't get pushed back at all. The radiator support looks intact, no bends. The driver's side fender got pushed back about 1/8", and now catches on the door when you open\close the door a little bit. Car still drives down the road stright, with no werid noises. I think the damage is mostly cosmetic on it. I guess I will get a diffinate answer when I take it to the body shop monday for an estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor