MALIBU Hockey stick

Dezimade

Master Mechanic
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hi guys. I’m about to re condition the B pillar moulding. And it breaks my brain to put it all back without attaching new rubber. That said, where can or what is this called . Insulation, I understand but
In the pics it seems to be a certain type.
Thanks. Dez

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpeg
    IMG_7230.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7229.jpeg
    IMG_7229.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7228.jpeg
    IMG_7228.jpeg
    881 KB · Views: 33
It looks like the weather strip for the window. I believe that is available from Dixie and other Gbody supply places. However, it may come in a kit though.

Reactions: Dezimade
It looks like the weather strip for the window. I believe that is available from Dixie and other Gbody supply places. However, it may come in a kit though.
Just e mailed Dixie as they are my go to.

Wonder if I can get soft seal and diy it?
It’s an odd shaper. Etc. thanks for the reply. Dez

You could just buy some adhesive backed foam rubber window seal from Amazon or the hardware store. Pull that old stuff off, flatten it out, measure the width and thickness and you're in business. Maybe buy some that's just a bit thicker since this has shrank with age.

Or they actually have universal "V" shaped seal.
Screenshot_20240624-191554~2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dezimade and SoFloG
You could just buy some adhesive backed foam rubber window seal from Amazon or the hardware store. Pull that old stuff off, flatten it out, measure the width and thickness and you're in business. Maybe buy some that's just a bit thicker since this has shrank with age.

Or they actually have universal "V" shaped seal.
View attachment 241339
This is great. I will poke around see what’s up. Universal V. !! It is thanks Dez

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
This is great. I will poke around see what’s up. Universal V. !! It is thanks Dez
On further exploration as I removed the original. Looks like perhaps a D shape seal. Or for that matter what would you call this shape. Although V shape would do the trick. See pics

Attachments

• IMG_7251.jpeg
    IMG_7251.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7250.jpeg
    IMG_7250.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7249.jpeg
    IMG_7249.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 26
On further exploration as I removed the original. Looks like perhaps a D shape seal. Or for that matter what would you call this shape. Although V shape would do the trick. See pics
Ah, that's a bit different than I thought- I haven't removed mine yet and these pics definitely show the shape better. I'm not sure what to call that shape but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a roll of it available somewhere.

Reactions: Dezimade
Ah, that's a bit different than I thought- I haven't removed mine yet and these pics definitely show the shape better. I'm not sure what to call that shape but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a roll of it available somewhere.
I’ve been digging. P seal. Pretty interesting. And perhaps can b modified as well

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor