1980 El Camino parts or whole. Stick shift

Trader history (0)

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Sweet Johnny, I understand everything you said to a tee. I catch myself doing some of those exact things. If all you want is the column, I do have a couple other floor shift ones. Do you care what color? I can look at the tailgate pieces for you to make sure they’re in decent shape.

85ss, I am in Tiffin Ohio. Northwest region, an hour south of Toledo. If you come and get the whole thing, $500 will take it home. I posted earlier this price for anyone who wants it.

Pagrunt, you are only a short 4 hour drive from me 😂. Where is your sense of adventure???
You can have whatever you want from it if it doesn’t sell as a whole.

To be fair with this, and I apologize, if I can sell this thing whole, I would rather do that, just so I don’t have to lay in the dirt and mouse crap. This is the only place it is listed. If someone doesn’t want it in a week from today, I will start taking parts off for you guys. I should have said something in the beginning but I didn’t know if anyone would want anything from it. I hope I’m not breaking the classified thread rules 🫣

Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Take your time and try to sell the whole thing, I can definitely wait. That column appears to be in pretty decent shape judging by the steering wheel, but a different one is ok too so long as it has the key release. Color is of no real importance. If the engine fan shroud isn't broken I could use one of those too please. Thank you in advance.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Take your time and try to sell the whole thing, I can definitely wait. That column appears to be in pretty decent shape judging by the steering wheel, but a different one is ok too so long as it has the key release. Color is of no real importance. If the engine fan shroud isn't broken I could use one of those too please. Thank you in advance.

Sweet_Johnny what area are you located?

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
1983calais what condition are interior trim pieces in? You think they are solid enough to re-color them?

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Pm sent

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
The elco is sold everyone. If anything changes I’ll let you know. Thanks for all the interest. Sweet Johnny, I’m not sure what the key release your referring to Is on these columns.

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
The elco is sold everyone. If anything changes I’ll let you know. Thanks for all the interest. Sweet Johnny, I’m not sure what the key release your referring to Is on these columns.
Congrats on the sale! I was referring to that little lever by the ignition key that allows you to remove the key. It's a stick shift only item as far as I know, as my column for an automatic trans floor shift does not have it. Unless I'm mistaken there's a regular column with a traditional shifter, same column with a different collar for the floor shift models, and a floor shift column with key release that was necessary since the column wasn't connected to the trans in any way. The normal columns would prevent removing the key unless you were in "Park", where these utilize the lever instead. So if a guy wanted to make a correct stick shift setup he'd need that type of column. At least that's my understanding of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor