Homemade Bracing

ElkySS89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2024
So I'm debating on making my own under hood braces and while researching it, I found a popular mod is to add a brace or trailer hitch to the rear bumper mounts. Why is this necessary? Wouldn't the bumper act as a brace already? What am I missing here?

Also, instead of using factory under hood bracing as a templet, are there any better designs?

Making your own bracing shouldn't be too difficult. A few members have made their own with good results using electrical conduit.

The trailer hitch does add additional bracing in the rear in addition to the rear bumper brace.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Also, instead of using factory under hood bracing as a templet, are there any better designs?
I made all of the braces on my Monte and the fender to core support, GP bar and rear brace for the Regal.
The fender to core support braces I used 3/4" EMT and made a crimper for my press to make a nice end on it.
The jounce and GP bars I made out of Rigid 3/4" EMT which is about twice as thick as the factory bars and I bent those in my HF tubing bender and also crimped the ends.
And for the rear bars I used 1-3/4" roll bar tubing with my Monte's being welded in and my Regal's I made as a bolt in.
20220612_184811.jpg

I made all of the braces on my Monte and the fender to core support, GP bar and rear brace for the Regal.
The fender to core support braces I used 3/4" EMT and made a crimper for my press to make a nice end on it.
The jounce and GP bars I made out of Rigid 3/4" EMT which is about twice as thick as the factory bars and I bent those in my HF tubing bender and also crimped the ends.
And for the rear bars I used 1-3/4" roll bar tubing with my Monte's being welded in and my Regal's I made as a bolt in.View attachment 243979
Yours look way better than mine are gonna.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor