CUTLASS Horn conundrum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
In process of switching over the standard steering wheel in the Cutlass to the factory sport style one.
Stock wheel uses a wire to connect to the "switch" which is in the horn pad.
Sport wheel uses the old standby plunger and spring arrangement to actuate the horn.
The new wheel came with the spring, pin and lock bushing, but the pin is too big to fit in the hole!
Does the sport wheel use a different cancelling cam/tube for the sport wheel?
Or I just trim the pin diameter?
horn wire.jpg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
I have several extra cam assemblies they are different colors. The inside of the tube is .250" on all of them so I don't think you need a different cam.

Try canting the eyelet so the flange is going in at an angle and start it in the slot for the insulator lock pin. I think the cam has just shrunk from age where it is not a complete 360 degree tube, down inside it is still .250".

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
I ended up chucking it in a drill and reducing the diameter until it slid right in.
Now just have to check the length when I finish assembly.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor