how do you get your exhaust to sound like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pimplogic said:
i have long tube headers with glasspacks off the ends with out turn downs and my car sounds like that with cam and all. in my opinion its way to excessive. driving down the highway gets pretty bad

oh ok thanks im tryin to get my exhaust like this for my truck when i get it. thanks. also on your car since the exhaust is under the car it resonates more because the sound bounces off the ground then bounces off the car.

That's about what my Olds 260 sounded like when I took off the exhaust pipe. I think the answer is no muffler.

Don't kid yourself. I put on 1 5/8" headers and 2 1/4" dual exhaust. Was bloody loud, added tail pipes and H pipes and still loud. I then added Summit turbo mufflers was better but the mufflers must have blew out. This was in my 78 1/2 ton with Olds 350 power, th350C and 2.76 gears. Under 2K on the highway. I then put it in my 94 4X4,TBI Olds 350 hooked up to the 4L60E and a 3.73 gov lock =1700 rpm highway. I thought a truck with a full interior would be quieter, boy was I wrong. The truck drones something awful, even with 4 mufflers. Chose wisely or severe annoyance will occur.

I has more to do with your cam, of course exhaust helps but the lope is all cam

It's the combo he is running..
My Mustang sounds like that because I have the following..
.600 lift cam, long tube headers, 2 1/2 " exahaust, flowmaster 2 chambers to dumps..
The cam gives you the "lumpy lump" sound, but your cam has to match your combo... don't go too big unless your running a really hot street or race motor( like I have).. the long tubes give you that slight resonnance sound.. and the mufflers give you the low evil tone.. the dumps seem to echo the sound all over..

This is just my opinion.. I've tried others and found this to be the sweetest sound for my application. Oh it's not for everyone.. especially if you have conservative neighbors.. like me.. lol.. :twisted:

hp3445 said:
It's the combo he is running..
My Mustang sounds like that because I have the following..
.600 lift cam, long tube headers, 2 1/2 " exahaust, flowmaster 2 chambers to dumps..
The cam gives you the "lumpy lump" sound, but your cam has to match your combo... don't go too big unless your running a really hot street or race motor( like I have).. the long tubes give you that slight resonnance sound.. and the mufflers give you the low evil tone.. the dumps seem to echo the sound all over..

This is just my opinion.. I've tried others and found this to be the sweetest sound for my application. Oh it's not for everyone.. especially if you have conservative neighbors.. like me.. lol.. :twisted:
One more thing.. when I am finished with the Regal... it will make the Mustang sound like a Yugo... lol..
I have both a GM(Regal) and Ford.. I am hooked on this G-Body right now..

Cam and compression. You can't just put a muffler on your car and expect it to have that kind of sound.

For example, my '87 with 455, small cam (214/224 Edelbrock) 9.6:1 compression, W/Z manifolds, 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultra-flo mufflers:

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m224 ... 61Rev2.flv

And now the same engine after a rebuild with larger roller cam (242/254 Crane), aluminum heads, 11.3:1 compression, 2" full length headers and no mufflers at the moment:

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m224 ... 0004-1.flv

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor