how loud do you think flowmaster 40s and turndowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
i am going to be finishing my exhaust right now i just have about 3-4 feet of 2.5 in pipe . i am about to buy 2 40 series flowmaster . i cant decide how to finish it off my freind thinks i should just do turn downs out the mufflers . i kinda wanted truck style angle cut tips 3-3.5 in tips out the back corners . my freind didnt like that at all he said if i go out the back it should be pencil tips the chrome tips with rolled end pipe the same width as the pipe i think they look lame and knda blaw . im just wondering what all the other g bodys have and what looks the best

Turn downs will be loud! Very LOUD... Also it'll be easier/cheaper to dump it before the axle. If your going to run pipe to the back go strait back, that way you don't get burnt rubber all over your nice tips. That can be an issue at the track. Just my thoughts. I ran my exhaust strait back with 3" pipe and I love it. Sounds and looks good.

IF you do the turn downs it WILL be loud!! Finishing it out the back with 3" tips will quiet it just a little bit. I went to having a single 2.5" system with a 40 series and just right in front of the axle with no turn down...I blame the mechanic...anyways that thing was LOUD!! My friend said she could hear me 2 blocks away! haha. Now I have a 80 Series Flowmaster with 2.5" with 3" tips and its a lot more quiet cause it's a finished system..I like it tho I was commuting 20 miles a day and the loud ring from the un complete system would get annoying 7am in the morning going to school.

-Anduh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor