How Much Does it Cost To Reupholster Seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am wondering what I can expect to pay to have a set of seats done my an upholstery shop? I am thinking about using the Recaro bucket seats from a 80's BMW 325is (E30 chassis) in my Cutlass, and having standard rear seat done to match, but have no idea what it would cost. I was thinking of a velour on the seating surfaces and a heavy vinyl on the sides, bottom and back like what GM did back in the day when these cars were new. They likely would need new foam for the fronts as the leather these seats came with is usually shriveled up, so that would be a part of the cost too. I want to use these seats because they are cheap, fold forward (they are from a 2 door) and very supportive, unlike the stock G body front seats. Does anybody have a ball park estimate as to what a normal charge for something like this would be?

westsidedonkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2008
where I live the cheapest any shop will do a seat is 250 a piece counting labor and materials. now if you want something besides cloth it would be more. a lot of places here in cali want 450 for 1 seat, ouch.

i am gettin ready to do my interior 2 tone suede and croc and they said 1850 for whole thing if i provide the gator hides (about 600 extra)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor