how much should a stock 350 put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
280-300 hp will not be hard to acheive at all

Those 602 crate motors are worthless :puke:

art said:
While you are looking at the used parts yard, keep an eye out for this casting 14101083. It has 64cc chambers,1.94/1.5 valves,and center bolt valve covers. It came on some of the last carbureted 350s, mostly in police cars and pickup trucks. If you can, grab the intake too. It will be for a q-jet, but it will have the correct intake center bolt angle (72 deg). I found it to be a nice "stock" head.

What year would these heads and intake be from... :arrow: ...

M.Bailey said:
well your basic stock 350 will probly make anywere from 230-250hp. Thats an educated guess I could be completely wrong. If all your shootin for is 280hp then I would recomend a better intake manifold (performer RPM or something better) 750cfm carb (I would go with a holley) a comp cams XE268h and if you heart desires go ahead and port the cylinder heads and if you can do the work yourself (to save money of course) you could always step up to a 2.02" intake and a 1.55" or a 1.6" exhaust valve. If you are bored you could always go dig in the wreckin yard and try and find a set of vortec heads. Put a 2.02" intake and 1.55" exhaust valve in, do a valve grind no real need for port work and since you lookin to buy a different mainfold anyways just buy one for the vortec heads.

note: the vortec heads take a different manifold do to the bolt angle and location if you didnt already know.

hope that helps

I don't mean to stir the pot here. But isn't a 750 Holly a bit overkill for a 280HP 350? I would say more around 550-600... scratch that, just use a Quadrajet from a 350.

750 would drown it. :puke: Quadrajet is the way to go for a stock car also Edelbrock AFB 600 CFM for a daily driver easily tuned and not that sensitive. A Holley is usually a track only carb, all or nothing. One backfire and poof there goes the power valve, unless its been heavily tuned and all the upgrades done to it. In 30 Plus years, I only had one Holley I was happy with. If using a stock manifold, a spreadbore is the way to go (Quadrajet style Carb), if using a square bore an Edelbrock Performer Carb (AFB as known by us older guys). All out racing, a Holley is preferred. But that's my experience..yours may be different.. :blam:

if you can't make 300hp on a 350, turn in your ratchet. stock truck motors from the 90's made about 290 with all the emissions crap(or vortecs).
and definitely use the q-jet. read the sticky on q-jet vs holley etc. i have a 400hp (approximate) 383ci that runs great on a slightly home-modded Q. i ran like crap on the holley.

megaladon6 said:
if you can't make 300hp on a 350, turn in your ratchet. stock truck motors from the 90's made about 290 with all the emissions crap(or vortecs).
and definitely use the q-jet. read the sticky on q-jet vs holley etc. i have a 400hp (approximate) 383ci that runs great on a slightly home-modded Q. i ran like crap on the holley.[/quote
i should be getting about 320 out of this motor. and im using a 750 on it. dp modified no choke. yes holleys have that power vavle prob when it backfires but thats why u can use some power valve block off plugs. and ive never used q jets. only holleys and im pretty good at tuning them so i just stick to what i know. it might be a bit overkill but im not looking for good gas mileage with this car and with a bit of tuning and changing jets it will run like a champ.

1979ratrod said:
i think the newer holley carbs dont have the power valve problems
yeah any made after 95 i think. but i usually get cores and just rebuild them to use. the one im using now i paid 40 bucks for it and the cost of the rebuild kit. 8) i was planning on using a 650 since the car wont see to much track, just a weekend toy. but i couldnt pass up that good of a deal on a 750dp when all it takes is a little down jetting and changing squirters to make it run good on mild small block

bjohn07 said:
1979ratrod said:
i think the newer holley carbs dont have the power valve problems
yeah any made after 95 i think. but i usually get cores and just rebuild them to use. the one im using now i paid 40 bucks for it and the cost of the rebuild kit. 8) i was planning on using a 650 since the car wont see to much track, just a weekend toy. but i couldnt pass up that good of a deal on a 750dp when all it takes is a little down jetting and changing squirters to make it run good on mild small block
haha cant argue with that

i know this topic is old but would any body know how much a 95 chevy g30 1 ton 350 tbi makes because i was told only 200hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor