How much will it cost me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Ok here is my problem... My t-tops leak, and over time, my floor pans have rusted out beyond belief. If you are sitting in my backseat you can do the fred flinstone. It is getting to the point that my seat mounts aren't even solid anymore. I have a parts car with perfect floor pans, and perfect mounts. I want to have a body shop cut out the entire floor pan in my parts car, and weld it into my car. Does anybody have any idea how much this would cost? I will take all the seats and console out. I wil even pull up the carpet. I have never dealt with a body shop, so I have no idea of their rates. I just want to know what to expect, before I start getting quotes from shops.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well thats about what I was expecting. Just was making sure.

bigtrent

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
ya you may have to pay a little less. I ordered my pans online and the dont even come up all the way on the sides in the back :x and i had to pay to have them fabricate pieces.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well Summit has complete floor pans for both sides, but they cost $319. On top of the price you have tax, and a $90 freight charge. So I didn't want to go that route. They don't even come with the seat mounts for that price.

stomis

Master Mechanic
May 14, 2010
Brick NJ
Man pans are stupid expensive....

I really cant see that job costing that little. Its a full days work to do it properly @ $75 an hour. The job is definitely worth you buying yourself a cheap little 110 mig for $200 and an angle grinding and learning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor