Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Dburger said:
307 Regal said:
Dburger said:
I've had thoughts about trying the stance thing on my '81...
Not gonna work too well with a live axle rear end. :wink:

Not talking about the camber. Just the wheels/tires

So just the stretched tire look you mean?

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
307 Regal said:
So just the stretched tire look you mean?

Yeah, exactly that.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
no worse than the stink bug stance many an american car had before american car owners learned you can do more than go than go fast in a straight line. or the steam roller/pizza cutter look on street cars. or flame paint jobs, good for 500 HP at least and EVERYONE had to have flames on their car. the sticker thing was being done on american cars well before fast and furious hit the theaters, too bad ricers didn't learn from it and did the exact same thing. how about glass packs? the american car equivalent to the coffee can exhaust tip on ricers. nothing says badass like a car that is obnoxiously loud, good for at least 250HP.

i can't think of a thing ricers do or have done that wasn't done in some way by american car owners. that includes wings, wheels and tires, stickers, loud exhaust, loud paint jobs...and lets not forget the chrome that had to be on everything. american car owners were doing the ricer thing before ricers were doing it. but i'm sure nobody wants to remember that or talk about it.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Don't forget body kits. We were doing those too.
Madfox-1.jpg

tumblr_mhvciuENKG1r2dcdfo1_500.png

corp_1010_04_o+corvette_automotive_past+front_view.jpg

fr3207.jpg

20919rearangle03.jpg

Although there's a lot of custom work I haven't agreed with (like insane camber on a car that would naturally handle way better than mine, or slicks that basically span the distance between the fender and the diff when you only need about half that) I think there will always be a place for it in every automotive circle and I sort of enjoy the personal expression that's involved in it.

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
^A Greenwood Corvette would be much simpler.

Then there's the rust trend...
two13_HAiA_23.jpg

bodensee_mkv_rust.jpg

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
You could almost call black hoods a trend at one point. Even I used to have one. :lol:

(In my defense, I was just fixing rust)

Attachments

• 11132009.jpg
    11132009.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 603

Oldstech

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2009
Griffin, Ga
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
no worse than the stink bug stance many an american car had before american car owners learned you can do more than go than go fast in a straight line. or the steam roller/pizza cutter look on street cars. or flame paint jobs, good for 500 HP at least and EVERYONE had to have flames on their car. the sticker thing was being done on american cars well before fast and furious hit the theaters, too bad ricers didn't learn from it and did the exact same thing. how about glass packs? the american car equivalent to the coffee can exhaust tip on ricers. nothing says badass like a car that is obnoxiously loud, good for at least 250HP.

i can't think of a thing ricers do or have done that wasn't done in some way by american car owners. that includes wings, wheels and tires, stickers, loud exhaust, loud paint jobs...and lets not forget the chrome that had to be on everything. american car owners were doing the ricer thing before ricers were doing it. but i'm sure nobody wants to remember that or talk about it.

Your Awesome!!! I totally agree....I have thought the same thing. About Glasspaks and Coffee Can mufflers, Stickers (I had them all over my Camaro), Chrome (almost forgot about that one) Also, most stock gbodys (or 80's domestic cars) are no faster/most slower then theses ricers. And when a domestic car beats one, they brag. But really you wouldn't give 2 S***s if it wasn't a some form of competition. I never see the people who have power showboating, its always the ones who have no power, trying to show they have something they dont. Then just like you have your fast G-bodys your have your fast tuner cars too. But its fun and all to talk S*** but also have respect. Which I think most do. But I have meet alot of idiots. Mostly Chevy lovers and Honda Lovers :oops:

When I go to the track with the Honda. Most things I relate to is everything I learn in the domestic world. Altho some difference. But the principle are the same. We had Traction bars, no more FWD wheel hop, Drag Radials, Straight pipe for the track. But the Super Quiet Muffler on the street. I would go on, but I think yall get my point or gripe...

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
307 Regal said:
You could almost call black hoods a trend at one point. Even I used to have one. :lol:

(In my defense, I was just fixing rust)

I had one too

but replaced it with this

And then replaced it again with a straight gray hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor