Hurst Lightning Rods

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Aftermarket Hurst Lightening Rod installation instructions.

Attachments

• Hurst_Lightning_Rod_Install_Instructions.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
001.jpg Screenshot_20231220-112611.png

Reactions: 1 user

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
So back in the 80's if you were to buy lightning rods from a speed shop.....did Hurst also sell a shift plate?......or counsel? How were guys installing them?
Hurst sold the 3 speed 3 stick with a console, 3 speed 4 stick with or without a console and the 3 or 4 speed 3 stick for the F body just the top plate.

There were more of the 3 speed 3 stick with console sold and mostly installed in muscle cars back then, the installation was the same just like any other aftermarket shifter with extra brackets. That's why you see a lot more of them for sale missing the console and brackets.

If you wanted Lightning Rods in your G body back then you went to any olds dealer and just purchased everything you needed. Believe me it was done even at the dealership I worked at.

Reactions: 2 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Mr. 88hurstolds, this wouldn't happen to be you on Facebook would it? View attachment 232621 View attachment 232622

Consider me interested in learning more about how long the waiting list is, cost involved to add the staging ability to a 3 speed setup, cost to convert from 3 to 4 speed, and the potential cost of converting from 3 to 4 with staging gate. I'm in no position to join the waiting list right now, just asking.
There is no waiting list, all 3-speeds have the ability to add a staging gate, 4-speeds do not.
PM your needs when ready.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor