HVAC to Standard Heater Box Conversion

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
So I have a el camino I am converting from ac to heat only. And I can't find one thread it seems on this subject that has any soild info except this one.
I will try and document this when I do mine and post some pictures. I have parted a couple el's and I believe I have it all.
I have a total of 2 units one of which is complet the other I am missing the duck that goes behind the dash.
The reason why I am doin this is because of the vacuum lines it takes to make this w0rk. I simply don't want that setup... simple is best and another thing guys.. save ur ac parts because if u want to convert to heat only.. someone wants that ac setup... so many times we simple toss this stuff.. someone somewhere is goun to want those parts...

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
many times we simple toss this stuff.. someone somewhere is goun to want those parts...
I'm mad at myself for doing just that when I turned my '78 Elk (Karma) into a "hot rod" so many years ago.
Steve Martin GIF

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
So I have a el camino I am converting from ac to heat only. And I can't find one thread it seems on this subject that has any soild info except this one.
I will try and document this when I do mine and post some pictures. I have parted a couple el's and I believe I have it all.
I have a total of 2 units one of which is complet the other I am missing the duck that goes behind the dash.
The reason why I am doin this is because of the vacuum lines it takes to make this w0rk. I simply don't want that setup... simple is best and another thing guys.. save ur ac parts because if u want to convert to heat only.. someone wants that ac setup... so many times we simple toss this stuff.. someone somewhere is goun to want those parts..
I kept all of my AC stuff but I will say it's hard to beat a cable setup with the heat only setup especially when your car produces little to no vacuum.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor