I hope this isn't the next big thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, looks dumb to me :roll:

Guess it's one way to avoid curb rash (even though the tires are way too narrow)! :lol:

Sorry for the hijack, but Shibbs, can you explain your avatar? :lol:

Back on topic now. We are at least safe, our cars don't have independent rear suspension.

What the hell is the world comin' to?? Between the dumb *ss looking donks then this,,,,jeez! It's all *ss-thetics...no real function. *Notice I put the emphasis on *ss.
I have seen old VW's and Porsches cambered slightly in the rear for handling purposes...but this?? Totally asinine.

Shibbs said:
It actually started with ze germans (or at least German cars).... The trend is called "VIP." Basically its putting the widest, most expensive wheels on the car, then stretching the narrowest tires on possible, and having to camber the hell out of the alignment to fit said wheels under stock fenders.

DING DING DING! Correct! Its a euro thing. Most peeps into american muscle dont get it. Its not a new style at all. I tuned VW's and Audi's for years. Stretching the hell outta tires to get the widest tire and deepest lip I could get. Those are some pretty hardcore pics. This was my last dub I built before snatching my Monte SS back from the shops and workin on it myself... This is not true VIP style, but a mild stretch and camber...These wheels were purchased in 03 and sat for years before droppin em on. Some of my bro's had 12" wide wheels with ridiculous lip out back. I miss this lil car...Like I said..This is not true VIP styles. Just a lil mild stretch

543191569_243ddb309b_o.jpg

516925790_e108eb3098_b.jpg

540219335_02a9c2c985_b.jpg

435065113_8b99429efe_o.jpg

435030818_23e5aa59a6_b.jpg

411341108_09d331cc59_o.jpg

544278244_e25dca2dd4_o.jpg

560451655_65a13ed4e0_b.jpg

I'll also say that i like that Jetta, but then it's not trying to ride a wheel at a 45 degree angle either. I don't mind VIP as a style, but anything of the Bozoku genre generally irritates me.

The stretched tires don't look to bad (but never on a g-body), it's that stupid angle that gets me.

most vip cars look really clean...its just that some guys try to take it too far and make the car look stupid...example of clean vip cars....
643d112a43-1.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/georgeath-town/g-sh*t/merc.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/georgeath-town/g-sh*t/lex.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/georgeath-town/g-sh*t/lex2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor