I just can't decide on wheels for my Cutlass! Any ideas?

What wheels look best on an 80s Cutlass?

• Pro Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cragar SS

• Outlaw IIs

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesejam

Apprentice
Mar 15, 2009
California
So I'm trying to get some wheels without spending too much money, so I'm trying to decide amongst 15x7 Pro Stars, some 15x7 Cragar SS, or some 15x7 Summit Sport Wheels (the chrome ones with 8 holes equally spaced.) I'm planning on putting white-letter BF Goodrich Radial T/As on the wheels, unless someone can suggest something cheaper with white letters...

I'm also open to any suggestions that I haven't listed...

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
If you want to see your car with all kinds of different rims,
go here: http://www.imaginewheel.com/index_en.php
Download ImagineWheel 3.0, sign in, then you can load a pic of your
own car and see how it looks with over 800 different rims.

From the ones you mentioned, I like Cragars myself.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Personally I've never cared for Cragar SS wheels on the G-bodies, they just look too dated. In fact, that's the problem with most aftermarket wheels- they go out of date way too fast. My silver Regal had Cragars when I bought it, and they were immediately pitched and replaced with some factory Rallye wheels. If you're in doubt, you can never go wrong with some factory wheels. You could look around for some painted 15" Olds wheels from the 70s and repaint as needed, or a set of the Chrome 15" Rallyes from a 442 G-body. Either one will look great, and at least get you by until you find something you really like.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I'd say Torq Thrust II's, but they are a bit played out. I was thinking of using them on my car to replace my 80's Enkei 92's, but they are too expensive to justify it. It's sad that such an expensive item as wheels is so damn trendy that it goes out of style with the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor