I learned something about fuel hoses today. Did you know....?

Typical sizes you can check to see if Advance could even order them (or equivalent) if not stocked:
All T1 rated temp (100 deg C)
3/16" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27312
1/4" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27313
5/16" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27314
3/8" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27315
1/2" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27316

Typically around 20-30% higher priced than the R7, but I'm thinking it's worth it.

Typical sizes you can check to see if Advance could even order them (or equivalent) if not stocked:
All T1 rated temp (100 deg C)
3/16" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27312
1/4" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27313
5/16" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27314
3/8" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27315
1/2" barricade hose, SAEJ30R14, Gates 27316

Typically around 20-30% higher priced than the R7, but I'm thinking it's worth it.
remembered to look last night, cut off some pieces of what we had in stock.

the one size fuel line we had in stock had printed on it "Gates 4219XL SAE 30R7 Fuel Line PCV/EEC 3/16" (4.8mm) 50 psi [3.4 bar] NOT FOR FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS Made in Mexico"

we had 2 fuel injection hose sizes and the only thing printed on those was "SAE 30R14T2 2023". the sticker on the FI hose reel did say it was Gates Barracuda line though.

interestingly though those plastic hose reels were bright green, but I know I usually see black plastic. I'm betting the regular FI R7 version comes on black plastic reels so it can be visually distinguishable.
so if you're at the store and the hose is not readable or labeled and the counter parts guy says "I'm sure this hose is <blah blah blah>...." , now you know what to keep an eye out for

The barricade hose I have has dark green colors to them. And I've noticed nearly ALL Gates stuff is made in Mexico nowadays.

The barricade hose I have has dark green colors to them. And I've noticed nearly ALL Gates stuff is made in Mexico nowadays.
this hose was plain black, the reel it was wound on was green plastic. absolutely nothing to distinguish it otherwise

Unmarked hose usually suggests R6 or R7 standard hose I believe.

All the Gates hose reels are marked as such in my experience. And the hoses also are marked.

1720628716315.png

Note the markings here on the 3/8" show 30R14T1. (100 deg C) plus a year code of 2020. And note the "Gates" stamped reel. Obviously some parts stores have different reel sizes since they usually sell by the foot.
1720628893608.png

This is what I used on my last tank sender, electric fuel pump outlet hose to frame line...I think it was from local autozone, or advanced...so they do stock it but you definitely have to ask for it or you might just get the standard duty stuff.

1720634127952.png

This is what I used on my last tank sender, electric fuel pump outlet hose to frame line...I think it was from local autozone, or advanced...so they do stock it but you definitely have to ask for it or you might just get the standard duty stuff.

View attachment 242395
right! you have to know what the hose specs are. that looks like AZ there because...
1) has an address of Memphis (AZ headquarters)
2) I don't recognize the ArmorMark brand and I work part time at AA
3) all fuel line comes in 50' lengths on small plastic reels to AA, like the pics 69hurstolds posted above with the stickers on the end

• Agree
Reactions: 383_StealthRam

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor