I might be in trouble......

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I hope I haven't bitten off more than I could chew today....

story goes as this:
one of my long time customers/shop owners has had this cutlass sitting outside his shop for about 3 years now, while his customer debated about replacing the blown engine. I let him know that I might be interested in buying it if the owner ever decided to give it up. well, about 6 months ago, he said the owner finall gave up and signed over the title to cover the original diagnostic and storage, and that he was going to make a 1/4 miler out of it.... 2 months ago he let me know that he didn't want to hack it up since it was decent enough, and gave me first dibs.... well as happy as I was (especially for the price he gave me), the wife wasn't to ecstatic about it, and told me that if I bought it, the regal had to go... well, after a couple months of trying to figure out how to have my cake and eat it too (too much into the regal to give up), I decided that I'd put it on the forum's classified for him, and agreed with him a finder's fee. this brings us up to today...

I had taken some pics on my phone, but have been unable to post them anywhere (I'm far from being a tech geek), I figured that I'd stop this morning after the wife dropped her mustang at the dealer for some warranty work, with my camera and take a few pics to put on the site... she took a look at it and decided that it was nice enough for what he wanted out of it, and that she wanted it herself! I talked to him and made the deal, and hopefully will be bringing it home next week sometime.

I haven't fully decided on what to do about the engine... I found a 158k 307 on CL for $300, and would like to keep it BOP, but the guy I'm buying the car from has a 350 sbc with only 20k miles on it that he'll let me have on the cheap... I'm gonna have to think on this one.... pics to follow!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

only body damage is on the pass door ,trunk and right taillight.

will def need a paint job and top

oh, did I mention the factory astral roof?

the car has been pretty well taken care of... bucket seats are in pretty nice shape, as is the console and rally-pack gauge cluster... I have more pics, but will post later.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
it's an 86... door panels say salon, but where the roof emblems were, the imprint looks like supreme.... it has the rear sway bar on it, so it may be an f41 car, but there is junkyard scribble on the 7.5" cover...... I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to ID'ing cutlasses, so I may have to go to a higher authority on this one...

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
May not be junkyard scribble. My 26,000 mile GP had crayon marking on the rear diff cover from the factory.

ronbz455

Apprentice
Aug 10, 2013
You need my 403 for the Olds. It's apart crank is polished, block needs bored and decked and I have a set of 455 heads that just need springs but they are shaved a bit. My thread is 403 disassembled.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
ronbz455 said:
You need my 403 for the Olds. It's apart crank is polished, block needs bored and decked and I have a set of 455 heads that just need springs but they are shaved a bit. My thread is 403 disassembled.

sorry ron,10 months too late! :mrgreen: Being that the wife'll be driving this car, I decided to make a cruiser out of it.... (the regal is the bruiser) I ended up re-freshing the 307... ended up needing a crankshaft, and while it was out, I ended up replacing the rings/oil pump/seals.... cylinders weren't excesivley tapered, so I just honed/re-ringed it. there was more oil on it than in it.....

#2 rod bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor