I must confess my irrational desire for early W body coupes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
I always liked those cars. Half of my reason for liking them is that it was the last generation you could readily get a 2 door. My brother has a Dale Earnhardt edition Monte with the supercharged engine. I’ve never driven it and have no idea how well it performs. Thankfully I don’t need to maintain it either. I did do a few things on his previous Monte. I think that was a 1998 with a 3.8. Once he asked me to help him change the water pump. I couldn’t do it due to injuring my hand that day. Years later it went up again and he asked for help. He was worried because it was getting dark and he said it took him two hours to do it the last time. I did it in the dark in about twenty minutes. I’m a bit more mechanically inclined that he is. We were just lamenting the other week that it is hard to find a 2 door car anymore.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm having a hard time not going after this one - wish it was closer.

One of those with a series 2 supercharged 3800 is my dream W Body.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
My nostalgia for gen 4 Nascar won't allow me to dislike any weird 90s FWD cars regardless of how anemic they might be. Chevy Lumina? Dodge Intrepid? Yes. :LOL:

I wish Nascar was still half as fun as it was in the 90s.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Have to admit, I fall into this category as well... although it’s a w body, I picked this one up a few years ago on the cheap, threw a used engine into it, and gave it to my niece as her first car(after I drove it for a couple months). Still can’t believe that I want a Regal that drives the wrong wheels, but would love to find a s/c gs this time...
243E01EF-E097-48EA-9AF1-7F824E11B536.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
Nope! They are where they should be. Floors and suspension mounting points are good.passenger rocker and lower quarter are getting bubbly.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor