I NEED FRONT END HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
Right now Im having bad sttering problems.
its not a G body but its an 89 Caprice.

When I had my 22's on there the car wandered a little but not a lot.Now I have 14s on there and I was scared for my life. I tried my best but, I had to cancel a booty call I had setup 2nite.
I jacked the front of the car up and Im able to grab the wheels at 3 and 9 o clock and turn it a little side to side. not at 12 and 6 though. I took a pic and hope you guys can help me narrow the problem down.

the outer tie rods seem fine I guess. they dont move when the wheel moves, the thing that moves is like the whole bar that goes across..what the inner tie rods and pitman arm go into. its hella loose. it kinda rocks forward and backward when I turn a wheel.

the red circles in the pics are where its loose. the arrows are showing the tie rod ends. they arent loose.

PIC 1&2=taken from drivers side showing passenger side
PIC 3= showing drivers side
Img_00812.jpg

Img_00811.jpg

Img_00810.jpg

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
It's called the "Center link". Together with the idler arm, it's usually the first steering linkage component to develop looseness. Replace it and the idler arm, and if your tie rods are good your problem should be solved.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor